Do you know what’s awesome? Coming home after a long, hectic day to a house that’s filled with the welcoming aroma of a lovingly home cooked meal.
What’s even more awesome is when that delicious meal is made with wholesome, organic, fiber and protein-filled ingredients that are naturally low in carbohydrates. Satisfying, delicious flavor that leaves you lean and healthy.
But who really has a dinner like that ready and waiting for them each night? (Other than B…lol!)
You can! With this spectacular recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos. It’s as simple as throwing the ingredients into the slow cooker before work and then walking into an amazing smelling kitchen that evening. Easy peasy.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4oz) can green chiles, chopped (I use mild!)
- 1 (16oz) jar green salsa
- 2 tomatos, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Large lettuce leaves
- Avocado, sliced
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the lettuce leaves and avocado, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken thighs, shred with a fork, and mix back in. Serve, using a slotted spoon, on the lettuce leaves. Garnish with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro and fresh salsa. Enjoy!