Before going grain-free, wild rice used to be one of my favorite side dishes. The flavor and consistency of wild rice went perfectly with a tender serving of protein. My grain-free plate felt empty.
A few months after creating my first cauliflower rice recipe, I had the epiphany to come up with a cauliflower rice with the look, feel and taste of wild rice. This recipe calls for shredded cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts and chopped dates and walnuts.
The end result is so similar to traditional wild rice you won’t even miss the carbs 🙂 Enjoy!
- In a large skillet cook onions in the olive oil for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, shred the cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and celery in a food processor using the grating attachment.
- Add the shredded cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, celery, broth and a dash of salt and pepper to the skillet. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake in a 400 degree F oven for 35 minutes.
- Stir in the dates and walnuts, return to the oven for 10 minutes, uncovered.