Ahhhhhh pumpkin season…
The air is nippy, boots are back and a cup of hot coffee has made its way back into my morning routine. To fully immerse oneself in the season requires a variety of delicious foods made with pumpkins. That’s just how fall works.
You could start with this classic recipe for Low Carb Pumpkin Muffins, or this exciting recipe for Pumpkin Quinoa Cookies, or you could go straight to this awesome recipe for Low Carb Pumpkin Bread. (And I’m just getting warmed up! Many more pumpkin recipes to come…)
Notice there’s zero added sugar. Not even coconut sugar. Not even pure maple syrup. And not even raw honey.
The subtle sweetness in this pumpkin loaf comes from naturally zero-calorie stevia. This means that we get to enjoy a slice of baked, pumpkin-y goodness without compromising our lean, real healthy figures 😉
So pull on your boots, pour a cup of hot coffee and enjoy a little slice of pumpkin heaven.
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup flax meal
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 packets Stevia
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of ground ginger
- ½ cup filtered water
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl combine the protein powder, flax meal, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, stevia and spices. In another medium bowl combine the water, oil, vinegar, pumpkin and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mix until fully combined. Transfer the dough to prepared load pan, smooth out the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden on the top and cooked through. Slice and enjoy warm!