Most recipes for ground beef have it paired with grains in the form of noodles, buns, tortillas or pasta shells. While those dishes taste good, the sad truth is that all of those processed grains are doing quite the number on our waistlines.
Maybe you’ve thought about cutting back on grains but don’t really know how to plan a grain-less meal. The good news is that eating grain-free can easy and delicious! Take this recipe for Roasted Eggplant Stuffed with Cinnamon Ground Beef for example. The roasted, lemon-garlic eggplant makes a tender and savory package to serve perfectly seasoned, grass fed organic ground beef.
The best part is that the kids love it and you can sit back with the satisfaction of knowing that your family is eating a truly wholesome and nutritious meal. Enjoy!
- 2 large eggplants, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- Arrange the eggplant slices on 2 baking pans. Sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for 30 minutes. Wipe off the extracted moisture.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small cup. Brush over the eggplant. Roast at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until tender and golden.
- Brown the beef. Add the onion, pepper and garlic, sauté until tender. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Place a few Tablespoons of ground beef mixture in the center of each slice of roasted eggplant and roll. Secure with toothpick if needed. Enjoy!