For the day you get caught in traffic and end up late to work…
For the day you miss a deadline, get chewed out and feel awful…
For the day you wake up with a scratchy throat…
For the day you get a call from the school principle…
For the day when your credit card bill arrives…
For the day when it rains cats and dogs and you decide to stay in…
For any day when you simply need some culinary comfort…
There’s no denying the fact that certain days require a warm plate of comfort food. And one can never predict when a comfort-food day will strike, that’s left up to the universe. What we can do is to be prepared with an amazingly comforting dish like this.
This tender, savory pork and veggies piled high on a bed of cauliflower rice will make all of your worries float away. Enjoy 🙂
- 12 oz lean, boneless pork
- 2 Tablespoons mirin
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup organic, free range chicken broth
- ⅓ cup yacon syrup
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 organic carrots, thinly bias sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 green onions, bias sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, thinly sliced
- Trim the fat from the pork and cut into ¾ inch cubes. Place the pork in a bowl and add the mirin, coconut aminos and sesame oil. Toss to coat. Cover; let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl. Mix the batter ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Heat 1 ½ inches of coconut oil in a wok or large saucepan until it reaches 365 degrees F.
- Drain the pork and pat dry. Dip pork into batter, swirling to coat. Fry a few pieces of pork at a time in the hot coconut oil for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden with no pink remaining. Remove from the oil, drain on paper towels. Place the fried pork in a baking dish in the oven at 300 degrees F while frying the remaining pork.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the carrots, bell peppers and onions. Cook for 4-5 minutes until crisp-tender. Add the sauce and pineapples. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the pork. Remove from heat. Serve over cauliflower rice or cauliflower fried rice.