The Keuilian house is filled with peanut butter lovers — I’m seriously outnumbered on this issue. While I’d prefer some raw almond butter, or better yet a chocolate mint flavored treat, my husband and kids are all about the peanut butter.
These No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Bars are really simple to make, and store nicely in the freezer. It’s great to have a few of these on hand for quick, protein-filled yummy snacks. Make a batch for the peanut butter lovers in your life 🙂
- In a medium bowl combine the protein powder, coconut flour and sea salt.
- In another medium combine the peanut butter, coconut milk, vanilla and almond extracts. Mix until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. If the batter is dry then add a few drops of water.
- Line a freezer-safe plate with wax paper. Form the dough into 12 bars. Place on the wax paper and put in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat (make your own by placing a small saucepan directly in a skillet that has few Tablespoons of water) melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and drizzle or dip in the melted dark chocolate. Return to the freezer for 10 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
- I suggest storing these bars in the freezer — Then simply allow to defrost slightly before enjoying!