I’d never seen a 5 year old chow down on broccoli the way Chloe went to town on this soup. She ate an entire bowl full in 4 minutes flat!
This soup is simple and quick to make and has a wonderful roasted broccoli flavor. The addition of roasted garlic takes it over the top. It really feels like comfort food.
For the croutons you have a couple of options. There’s my recipe for Garlic & Parm Croutons that tastes amazingly Cheesey, despite being dairy free. Or a quick version would be to cut your gluten-free bread into cubes and quickly toast in a skillet with coconut oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and garlic powder. Try it with almond bread, coconut flour bread or fluffy egg white biscuits.
I’m already craving another bowl of this Roasted Broccoli Soup, it’s really that good!
And that’s saying something because I usually only crave brownies… 🙂
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap the garlic head in foil and roast in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Wash the broccoli and cut into 2-inch pieces. On a large, rimmed baking sheet combine the broccoli pieces with the olive oil. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In a high speed blender, or food processor, squeeze the roasted garlic out of its skins, add the roasted broccoli, coconut milk and chicken broth. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with gluten-free croutons.