Chloe came to me with another recipe from her kiddie magazine that she wanted to give a Real Healthy Makeover to. (Last time it was Apple Crisp.) The berries were fine, but yogurt and vanilla wafers?…We had to get rid of the dairy, gluten, grains and refined sugar.
There are plenty of parfait recipes out there, so what makes this version so special? For starters this parfait is grain, gluten, dairy and refined-sugar free (yes, we managed to make it work!). So you know it’s a wholesome treat.
The coolest part of this parfait is my new awesome new technique for making coconut whipped cream from canned coconut milk. You will be amazed at how fluffy and whipped-cream-like it turns out — with virtually no fuss. It’s really simple.
For the caveman cookie crumbles use your favorite cookie recipe from the list below. MMMmmmmmm! Enjoy 🙂
- 1 cup organic strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- 1 cup caveman cookie crumbles (Buttery Pecan, Chocolate Macnut, Vanilla, Chocolate Chunk, or Walnut)
- 1 batch coconut whipped cream
- For the Coconut Whipped Cream: Chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight, or place it in the freezer for about 4 hours. Place your mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 15 minutes. Pour the cold coconut milk into your cold bowl and beat on high with electric mixer for 60 seconds. Add each remaining ingredient, as you continue to beat on high. Beat for an additional 60 seconds after all of the ingredients have been incorporated. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- For the Parfaits: In 4 nice glasses, divide the strawberries, top with cream, blueberries and cookie crumbles. Chill for at least 10 minutes before servings. These keep for up to 48 hrs in the fridge. Enjoy!