Pasta salad is a classic BBQ side dish that’s served all over the world during summer months. The trouble with regular pasta salad is that noodles made from grains are high in carbs and calories, while being low in nutrients. That’s a bad combo when your goal is to look and feel lean and energetic!
This Spicy Green Pasta recipe takes raw zucchini and turns it into tender, delicious noodles. Add to that the amazing spicy green sauce, made with roasted jalapenos and you’ve got one awesome side dish.
I served this pasta to a group of ‘non-health-food-lovers’ as a test. Since I’m so accustomed to eating healthy, whole foods recipes I needed to be sure that someone with a more mainstream palate would be able to enjoy it. Not only was the pasta inhaled, but I also had a few junk-food-lovers ask me for the recipe 🙂
Feel free to add a couple more jalapenos if you like things spicy! Serve this salad alongside a platter of grilled meat. Enjoy!
- 2 fresh jalapenos (or more depending on how spicy you like it!)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey OR 5 drops liquid stevia
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash of sea salt
- 4-6 organic zucchini
- Grill the jalapenos, on a skillet or the grill, turning until tender. Remove the seeds and stems. Chop.
- In a high speed blender, or food processor, combine all of the ingredients except the zucchini. Blend until smooth. Taste for salt, add another sprinkle if necessary.
- Wash the zucchini. Using a veggie peeler, create long strands of zucchini to resemble noodles. Stop peeling once you reach the seeds in the center of the zucchini, discard the center, seedy piece. Place all the noodles in a large bowl.
- Pour the spicy green dressing over the bowl of noodles. Mix until fully combined. Enjoy!