Double Chocolate Coconut Brownie Bites

Best brownie recipe coconut realhealthyrecipes.com

Make your sweet tooth happy! Eat a Double Chocolate Coconut Brownie Bite.

I know, I know, another brownie recipe? Every few months I seem to come up with a new brownie recipe…Double Chocolate Mini Brownies, brownies made with zucchini, brownies made with bananas, brownies made with black beans, and brownies made with ground walnuts.

Trust me, these ones are different! These are made with shredded coconut πŸ™‚ And are quite possibly the most awesome brownies I’ve ever made.

The idea for this recipe came from last week’s date night with B. Whenever we go to the movies I like to make some healthy snacks to bring along, since there’s nothing remotely healthy available at the theater. That day had been extra busy, running the kids around to their activities, doing my real job work from home and of course blogging, so I ended up going to Sprouts to grab us some healthy munchies there. In the raw food section, getting my nacho kale chips, a bag of raw, vegan brownie bites caught my eye. The ingredient list was so similar to what I put into my brownie bites that I had to get a bag, even though it was $8–yikes.

yummy brownies realhealthyrecipes.com

These are tasty, but next time I’ll make my own and save the $8/bag.

Awesome brownie recipe realhealthyrecipes.com

These ingredients inspired my own version of brownies with shredded coconut.

Halfway through The Internship we started munching on these brownies. I must say we both thought they were pretty amazing. The addition of shredded coconut was brilliant, as you’ll see when you try out this new recipe. A week later I made a batch of these to take as a power snack on a family hiking trip. Yum!

Alright, brownie lovers, enjoy!

Double Chocolate Coconut Brownie Bites

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
  2. In a double boiler, gently melt the chocolate, coconut oil and raw honey. Remove from heat, allow to cool, add the eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
  3. In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, coconut and salt. Add the wet ingredients and mix well. Mix in the chocolate chips.
  4. Fill the mini muffin tins nearly to the top. Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden and set. It’s OK for the middles to be a moist, this is the best part!
  5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!

Calories: 174     Fat: 12     Carbohydrates: 10     Sodium: 58     Fiber: 2     Protein: 3

Β

Chocolate hiking power brownie realhealthyrecipes.com

I took a bag of these awesome brownies on our family hike up in the Big Bear mountains. Yum, the perfect energy snack. I was prepared to fight off any bears that may have shown up to take my brownies :)

Comments

• Paleo Kid’s Pa November 18, 2013 at 8:09 pm

[…] these links to recipes for Mini Brownies and Buttery Pecan Caveman […]

• Marg February 8, 2014 at 3:48 am

Thank you for your recipes.
    Being that almond flour is out for me, can I make these with
    certified GF Oat flour? and if so, would I use the same amount/

• Diana February 8, 2014 at 3:53 am

You’re welcome, Marg πŸ™‚ Yes, gluten free oat flour would work perfectly, same amount. Enjoy!

• Francine March 19, 2014 at 3:27 pm

It says 174 calories but is that for one brownie or how many servings?

• Diana August 8, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Hello Francine,

The nutritional info is for one brownie.

Enjoy! πŸ™‚

• Lydia December 6, 2014 at 2:53 am

Sounds so delicious like all your recipes but I am also allergic to eggs and wonder if there is a suitable substitute.

• Diana December 10, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Hi Lydia,
      To sub for eggs in baking whisk 1 Tablespoon of flax meal with 3 Tablespoons of water. Let it sit to thicken for about 5 minutes then mix into your batter just like you would eggs. This equals 1 egg.

• Tammy Robinson January 22, 2015 at 2:39 am

I just had your gluten free pizza base it was awesome ….

• Diana January 26, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Hi Tammy, that’s great! Enjoy! πŸ™‚

• Kristine February 26, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Diane,
    All of your recipes are fabulous! I’ve just about got my own cookbook printed out now of all your recipes! My very favorite one so far is the Orange Cashew Chicken. That was soooooo good! Last night I made your parfait, only I made one of your brownie recipes to go with it. Mmmm! I found it 2 yrs ago that I was lactose intolerant and had celiac disease. My diet has been very hard to deal with. I’ve had a hard time finding recipes that looked and sounded normal…like something I would want to eat! Thanks again for all the great recipes!!! I’m your biggest fan now!!

Kristine

• Kerry July 6, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Diana,
    I’m wondering if the dark chocolate you use has sugar in it? I haven’t found any without sugar, and the one in your amazon store doesn’t show the ingredients. Thanks for your help and all the healthy recipes! I’m just getting started with the switch from whole grains, white sugar, etc… to healthier options. Your zuchinni boats got my daughter to enjoy zuchinni for the first time! Thanks again!

• Diana July 8, 2015 at 8:29 pm

Hi Kerry- I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying my recipes! There are dark chocolate brands available the use only Stevia for sweetening. However, if you are unable to find one of these brands it’s easy enough to melt down unsweetened cocoa bars and add in some raw honey or stevia to taste. Enjoy and Happy Cooking!