It’s kind of hard to make a Caesar Salad without croutons. I’ve tried…it comes out looking like a sad bowl of romaine lettuce. Not a Caesar Salad at all.
So when B wanted a true Caesar Salad this weekend, I put my thinking cap on and came up with this recipe for Garlic & Parm Croutons.
There’s no reason to bend your diet for gluten & dairy filled croutons when you get that hankering for Caesar Salad. Simply make a batch of these awesome croutons and you can thank me later.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Slice the bread into ¾ inch cubes. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet. Remove from heat. Stir in the nutritional yeast and garlic powder.
- Mix the bread cubes into the skillet, stir until the cubes are coated with the coconut oil mixture.
- Spread the bread cubes over a shallow baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Cool and enjoy!