Here’s the perfect brownie alternative to boxed brownie mixes! Everyone who has tried these has loved them…these brownies are that good.
I love the idea of making brownies in a mini muffin tin because it forces portion control. One little morsel is really all you need to satisfy your sweet tooth. When I have a pan of brownies in front of me it’s hard to just cut a little square and be done with it…the squares keep getting bigger and bigger 🙂
This recipe does call for 1/2 a cup of raw honey, in order to make it taste as sweet as traditional brownies. Feel free to reduce the amount of honey, but if you’re baking these to share I’d keep it pretty close to that 1/2 cup.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a double boiler, gently melt the chocolate, coconut oil and raw honey. Remove from heat, allow to cool, add the eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour and salt. Add the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Fill the mini muffin tins nearly to the top. Bake for 15-25 minutes until golden and set.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan — if you don’t wait then they fall apart!