Oh how I wish your computer had a ‘sample’ button where a hand pops out of the screen and gives you one of these incredible dessert bars.
One taste is all it would take for you to grab this recipe and high tail it to the kitchen to make a whole bunch more!
It may sound strange to have a cheesecake bar that’s dairy-free, but you gotta trust me on this one. Soaked cashews combined in the food processor with coconut oil, raw honey, vanilla and lemon juice make a creamy, delicious cheesecake bar. Throw in a crust made with almond flour and dates, then top it with caramel made with more dates and some coconut milk, and you’ve got one seriously nutritious, amazing-tasting dessert.
These bars keep well in the freezer, so go ahead and make a lot…you won’t regret it 😉
- 12 oz raw cashews (about 2 cups) soaked for 1-2 hours, then discard soaking water
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *optional* teaspoon of lemon juice
- Throw the crust ingredients into a food processor and mix until smooth. Press into the bottom of an 8×8 brownie pan. Place in the freezer as you prepare the cheesecake.
- Wipe out the food processor, then add all of the cheesecake ingredients. Pulse until fully smooth. Spread over the crust. Freeze again as you make the caramel.
- Throw all the caramel ingredients into the food processor. Blend for about 3 minutes, until fully smooth and caramel colored. Spread over the cheesecake layer. Put it back in the freezer.
- After 30 minutes, cut the cheesecake into squares. Enjoy and then store leftovers (if there are any!) back in the freezer.