Here’s the perfect recipe for when you get that I-have-to-have-carrot-cake-now feeling. Er, I’m not the only one who gets that, right?
What’s fun about this recipe, other than the fact that it ends in carrot cake and is gluten and sugar-free, is that you get to re-purpose the pulp from your juicer. The kids are happy to drink the freshly squeezed carrot-apple juice while I turn the carrot-apple pulp into taste raw carrot cake truffles.
- 4 large, organic carrots
- 2 organic apples
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut — toasted
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, toasted and finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh, grated ginger
- ¼ cup pineapple, finely chopped
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Juice the carrots and apples. Enjoy the juice, then place the pulp in a medium sized bowl, discarding any large pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pulp, mix well.
- Form 24 balls, place on a plate that will fit in your freezer.
- Decorate with Coconut Frosting.
- Freeze for a few hours. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.