There are nights when dinner needs to be ready in 15 minutes, and yet you still have no clue what to make. Trust me, I’ve been there!
That’s when this recipe comes in handy. These Tuna Cakes are made with ingredients that you typically have on hand, and take only 15 minutes from start to finish.
If you’re feeling fancy, and have more time, then make the Lemon Dill Sauce too. It’s deliciously creamy without containing any dairy. You won’t even wish for tartar sauce!
I use leftover Tuna Cakes the next day to make my kids tuna sandwiches in their lunches. Break a patty in half and wrap it with a big, crunchy piece of butter lettuce. Yum!
- 3 (5oz) cans albacore tuna, in water
- 2 omega-3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, minced; or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Dash black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Drain the tuna and flake into a medium size bowl. Add the eggs, lemon, Dijon, flax, dill and pepper. Mix well.
- In a large skillet place the olive oil over medium heat. Form the tuna mixture into 8 patties. Flatten each patty onto the skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side.
- Bring the shallots, garlic and sherry to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the lemon juice, fresh dill and Dijon. Reduce the heat slightly and add the coconut milk, coconut oil, salt, pepper and arrowroot. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve over your tuna cakes.