Buttery Pecan Caveman Cookies

Healthy cookie recipe realhealthyrecipes.com

Here’s the latest Caveman Cookie flavor!

What makes Caveman Cookies superior to regular run-of-the-mill cookies? Hmmmmm, let’s see…

• Caveman cookies are gluten, dairy, soy, grain and cane-sugar F.R.E.E. Woop woop!
  • Caveman cookies don’t taste healthy. In fact, this weekend the neighbor kids ate a whole plate and then asked for more.
  • Caveman cookies provide real, usable energy to power your day. So having one of these cookies as a snack is a smart move.
  • Caveman cookies use healthy coconut oil, no nasty trans-fats allowed.
  • Caveman cookie are extremely sturdy. Throw a bag of them in your backpack and go hike that mountain.
  • Caveman cookies now come in two variations! Check out the original (and wildly popular) Caveman Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe.

All right, go try these tasty treats for yourself. Just don’t make the mistake of letting the neighbor kids get their hands on ’em.

Here’s what you need for the paleo chocolate chip cookies recipe:

Buttery Pecan Caveman Cookies

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
  2. Place the raw pecans in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
  3. In a medium bowl combine the ground pecans, coconut flour, almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda and salt.
  4. In another medium bowl combine the egg, vanilla, syrup and (cooled) oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix until fully combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
  5. Shape the dough into 20 cookies, flattening them slightly onto the greased pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.
  6. Allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

Calories: 154     Fat: 11 g     Carbohydrates: 12 g     Sodium: 32 mg     Fiber: 2 g     Protein: 2.5 g

best cookie recipe realhealthyrecipes.com

Chloe approves of this recipe

best healthy cookie recipe - realhealthyrecipes.com

Comments

• Banana Breakfast Coo October 15, 2013 at 10:48 pm

[…] had the idea for a breakfast cookie when Andrew started grabbing a caveman cookie or two while I scrambled to prepare eggs for his breakfast. Hmmmm, a cookie made with more […]

• Bernadette January 29, 2015 at 4:07 pm

I am allergic to pecans, can I use walnuts instead.

• Donna Wharton May 8, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Bought her diet regimen and love what I am reading and preparing for. She makes it so easy to follow! 😉

I’m very excited to start!

• Diana May 11, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Hi Donna, Thanks so much for the feedback! Glad you are enjoying 🙂

• Jeanette Blonski May 15, 2015 at 9:32 pm

I make these cookies over and over. They are OUTSTANDING and so quick and easy to make. My only question is the nutrition info does not show the SUGAR content. If you could please provide that would be great.
    Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe. That’s what I look for, healthy recipes that are quick and easy! Have also passed this recipe to many friends …they all love the samples I’ve provided as a taste test!

• Jeanette Blonski May 15, 2015 at 9:37 pm

To make these even quicker to make use a ONE TBSP. Cookie Scoop which releases the batter quickly onto the cookie sheet. One batch is not enough, I always double the recipe. Love them! THANKS DIANA!!!

• Maria May 20, 2015 at 11:40 am

A bit dry but still good. They lacked buttery flavor since no butter is in the recipe. The pecans didn’t mimic the buttery flavor as far as I could tell. Easy to make but I would double the recipe next time.

• tracy March 6, 2016 at 3:58 pm

I could not believe how good these were, for a Paleo treat. My husband and children love them and I immediately pasted the link to my facebook page.
    I told them 10/10!

• Diana March 8, 2016 at 3:02 am

Hi Tracy, I’m so glad you enjoyed these cookies! Thanks for sharing 🙂

• De December 11, 2016 at 2:03 am

They taste like oatmeal cookies and the texture is like one!

• Diana December 17, 2016 at 6:08 pm