It’s not often that you come across a recipe for something as healthy as broccoli that tastes as good as this one!
There’s something about the roasting process, along with the garlic, that makes plain old broccoli and cauliflower taste divine. It you want proof of how good these veggies taste — check out the picture below of my 7 year old son trying to grab a piece of broccoli as I’m snapping a picture!
This recipe is super quick to prepare and makes the perfect addition to your meal.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Wash the broccoli and cauliflower heads and then pat dry. It’s important to dry thoroughly so that it will roast properly. Cut into small florets.
- In a medium bowl combine the florets, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic cloves. Toss until well combined and then spread over the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven once the florets are tender with crispy bottoms.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the cooked florets and serve immediately.