It’s easy to fall into a salad rut — always throwing together the same lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber and tossing it with the same store bought dressing.
Try something new, with this delicious Beet and Asparagus Salad. The homemade dressing recipe below is tangy and satisfying, all without the chemicals and additives of store bought dressing.
I love serving this veggie packed salad with a side of baked chicken for a simple, wholesome, real food dinner.
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard, organic
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil (or up to ½ a cup)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon dried, ground mint
- 1 packet Stevia
- 3 beets
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Trim the ends from each beet. Place in a small pot of water and boil for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the water and allow to cool before peeling and slicing. Set aside.
- Trim the ends from the asparagus and cut into 1-inch pieces. Bring a small pot of water to boil and fill a medium bowl with ice and cold water. Add the asparagus pieces and boil for about 3 minutes, until bright green. Remove from the hot water and throw into the ice bowl for 20 seconds. Remove from the water and set aside.
- Place the mixed greens in a large salad bowl and top with the beets, asparagus, apple and celery. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.