I have 2 goals when cooking chicken breast for dinner, and this recipe meets them both.
My first goal is that the finished product be juicy, and not dry. There’s nothing worse than trying to choke down dry chicken. This recipe calls for brining the chicken breast in a bag of water and spices, which locks moisture deep in the meat. I mention below to keep your grill closed while cooking, this also helps create a juicy piece of meat.
My second goal is that the finished product be filled with rich flavor. Bland chicken ranks right up there with dry chicken on the list of things I’d rather not eat. The spice rub in this recipe coats the chicken in savory flavor, and the Moroccan herb dressing adds another dimension.
Even though the ingredient list is long, if you look closely you’ll see that it’s mainly a bunch of spices, the whole process is quick and painless. Just remember to start your brining 2 hours before dinner, the rest comes together very quickly.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 7 cups filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2.5 pounds organic, skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Place all of the brining ingredients into a gallon-sized Ziplock bag. Add the chicken breasts. Place in the fridge for 2 full hours.
- Preheat your grill on high heat. Combine all of the spices in a small bowl and then add the melted coconut oil.
- Remove the chicken from brine, rinse well and pat dry. Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken breasts. Place on the preheated grill for 4 minutes each side, with the lid closed. Remove once the chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients together. Whisk until well combined.
- Slice the cooked chicken breasts and top with a generous serving of dressing.