Have you noticed how almost all snack foods are bad for you?
It’s like there’s a law that anything quick and easy to grab has to be filled with carbohydrates or straight up sugar.
These Easy Baked Meatballs are the perfect, anti-high-carb snack to enjoy on a busy afternoon.
This is also makes for a healthy, quick week-night dinner.
- 2 pounds ground pork
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground fennel
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Pecans, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh italian parsely, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground pork with all of the spices. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty!
- Place a skillet over medium heat and warm the coconut oil. Add the garlic, onion, celery, carrots, pecans and parsley. Cook for about 3 minutes, until soft. Set the mixture aside to cool.
- Add the vegetable mixture into the ground pork and combine well. Use your hands to form golf ball sized meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in an oven-safe baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.