When you make the decision to be healthier, by cutting gluten, sugar and dairy from your diet, your body responds immediately.
You feel lighter, tighter, and energetic.
You grow accustomed to breakfasts of eggs, meat, nuts and berries…until one day you have an intense craving for blueberry muffins.
That’s when this recipe saves the day 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, melted (and cooled) coconut oil, vanilla and almond extract, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk the coconut flour to remove lumps, add salt and baking soda.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ones, then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill each mini muffin tin to the top, then sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn on the broil for 1-2 minutes (watch close!) to lightly brown the tops.
- Allow to cool before removing from muffin tin. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.