5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
You knew this was coming…
With all the 5 minute mug cake recipes floating around Pinterest, it was just a matter of time before I got my hands on one to swap out the empty calorie ingredients for wholesome stuff.
One of the more popular mug cake recipes is made with Nutella, white flour, white sugar and vegetable oil…tasty, but whoa boy that’s a lot of empty calories. One serving of that recipe has over 1,000 calories and 93 grams of fat! (emoji horrified face)
This recipe is made with ingredients that all have something to offer nutritionally, so while your sweet tooth is being satisfied your body is also being nourished
Now keep in mind that this is a recipe for chocolate cake — the ingredients are wholesome, but it’s still cake! Enjoy in moderation
Here’s what you need for 1 mug cake:
4 Tablespoons almond meal
- 4 Tablespoon coconut crystals
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons whisked egg
- 4 Tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 generous Tablespoon coconut oil, melted over low heat
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe mug, combine the almond meal, coconut crystals, and cocoa powder. Mix well, until all the lumps are gone.
- Add the whisked egg and mix. Add the coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Mix well. Add the chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately!
Powered by Facebook Comments