I love easy, nutritious recipes like this that come together quickly.
Putting apples and onions with pork chops and then smothering it in cinnamon creates a surprisingly delicious, healthy meal.
This was the first time that I’ve served pork to the kids– they loved it!
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt
- 4 lean pork chops
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- In a large skillet warm 1 Tablespoon of the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the apples and onions. Saute for 5 minutes until the apples are tender.
- Remove the apples and onions from the pan.
- Add the remaining Tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan and leave the heat on medium. Sprinkle cinnamon and salt on both sides of the pork chops then rub in.
- Place the pork chops in the pan, sear on each side for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil. Add the apples and onions back to the pan, cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the almonds and serve the chops with a generous helping of the apples and onions.