I’m sorry that I turned my back on you for so many years.
I was afraid of your fat content, and I thought that being a vegetarian was pretty cool. I was wrong.
Now that we have been reunited I just can’t get enough of you.
This Caveman BLT is my favorite new way to enjoy you. Low in carbs and high in flavor, this sandwich takes bacon to a whole new level.
Next I’m thinking we stick you in some cookies….
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large Romaine lettuce leaves
- 6 tomato slices, halved
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium high heat. The crispier the better!
- In a small bowl mash the avocado, lemon juice, garlic powder and ground pepper.
- Spread some avocado on each lettuce leaf, then top with tomato and 2 slices of bacon.
More bacon recipes to love: