Yes, we are the kind of people who take afternoon tea… just roll with it.
We take our tea iced, and you tell me that I really shouldn’t have gone to the trouble of baking on such a hot day.
I smile and pull a tray of cookies out of the refrigerator.
Then I force you to eat more of the yummy, chilled cookie balls than you’d intended, but you forgive me since they are gluten and sugar free.
Here’s what you need for 35 cookie balls:
- 1.5 cup almond flour, plus ¼ cup for topping
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar, plus ½ cup for topping
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, chocolate chips, coconut palm sugar, almond butter, coconut oil, shredded coconut and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl combine the almond flour and coconut crystals for the topping.
- Form round balls out of 1Tablespoon scoops of dough, roll in the topping, then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Chill the cookie balls in the fridge for 30 minutes.
More cookie recipes to try…