After finishing his dinner of stuffed eggplant and olive-stuffed meatballs…
Andrew: “Mom, I give your meatball recipe an A.”
Me: “Thanks, buddy. Glad you liked it.”
Andrew: “And I give your eggplant recipe a C.”
Me: “Ouch, that bad, huh?”
Andrew: “C isn’t too bad. It’s just the 3rd letter. Z is the bad one.”
As I’m sure you could tell, from Andrew’s rave review, these turkey meatballs are de-lish!
Lean, ground turkey, Italian seasoning and tangy olives make a winning combination.
Serve these as an appetizer, with little toothpicks, or as a main dish on a bed of spaghetti squash or sauteed vegetables. It only takes 20 minutes from start to finish.
- 20 oz Italian Seasoned Lean Ground Turkey
- 30-40 pitted olives
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Take one tablespoon of ground turkey at a time, flatten it in your hand and form around an olive to create a ball. Repeat with all of the turkey and olives.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and spread around the pan. Add the meatballs.
- Turn the meatballs every 3 minutes for 20 minutes of cooking. Remove once all sides are browned and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve on a platter with any remaining olives.
Not into meat? Try this vegan meatball recipe…