Cookies! Cookies! Cookies!
There’s nothing in the world that will bring a smile to someone’s face quicker than handing them a homemade cookie.
Most cookies are a bittersweet affair — tasty and enjoyable on the lips but then headed straight for your hips.
These cookies, on the other hand, aren’t weighed down with refined sugar, gluten-filled flour or butter, making them nothing but sweet.
- 2½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax meal
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted over very low heat
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil then set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, salt and flax. In another bowl combine the coconut oil, agave, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix until fully combined. Form the dough into a large ball, then flatten it slightly. Wrap in plastic and store in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from freezer, place between 2 sheets of wax paper and use a rolling pin to flatten to ½ inch thickness. Use your favorite cookie cutter shapes to create cookies — dipping the cookie cutters in cold water before each use.
- Place cut-out cookies on prepared pan then bake for 7-10 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool on the pan for 1 hour.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…
More Cookie Recipes to Love: