There’s nothing quite as nice as a lazy Saturday.
Waking up naturally rather than being jolted awake by an alarm. And of course by “naturally” I mean being jumped on by a six and four year old.
Taking the kids and dog on a leisurely nature walk in the late morning sunshine.
Lounging on the patio with a good book and a warm blanket.
The only way to make a lazy Saturday even more perfect is to start it with pancakes. This recipe for Real Healthy Pancakes is filled with protein and is low in carbs and sugar. Enjoy these guilt free 🙂
- 3 large omega-3, free range eggs
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Coconut oil
- In a blender combine the eggs, raw honey, vanilla and water. Mix until smooth. Add the flax, almond flour, salt and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Grease a large skillet or pancaked griddle with coconut oil and place over medium heat. Place heaping tablespoons of batter onto the skillet and cook until bubbles form. Flip each pancake and cook for another minute, until golden on both sides.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…