Yesterday my four year old daughter asked what Namaste meant.
Out of the blue, since the one and only kids yoga class she’s taken was over 6 months ago.
While I had a general concept of what it meant, I googled it just to make sure. Google came back with “I bow to your true self.”
Now to explain “true self” to a 4 year old.
I quickly realized that “true self” was all that she knows how to be. There’s no facades with kids. No fronts. No cover-ups. Their true selves are on display for the world to see.
And that’s why we love them.
This low carb Lemon Poppyseed Sunshine Bread lets its true self shine with every bite. Unadulterated lemon flavor, nutritious poppy seeds and buttery almond flour create a pure and honest treat.
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds plus 3 Tablespoons filtered water
- 5 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 omega-3, free range eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted over low heat
- 2 Tablespoons lemon rind
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Generously grease a loaf pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a small cup combine the chia seeds and filtered water. Mix well and set aside (after 15 minutes it will become jelly-like).
- In a medium bowl combine the blanched almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, coconut oil, lemon rind, raw honey and extracts. Gently mix in the chia seed mixture.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Fold in the poppy seeds, then transfer the batter to prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 1 hour before slicing.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…