I’m a total sucker for Skinny cocktails.
It all started with Bethenny Frankel’s SkinnyGirl drinks — margarita, sangria, and white cranberry cosmo. Each edition tastier than the one before it.
Then restaurants started coming up with their own versions of skinny cocktails — a crafty way to charge more for a drink that actually costs less to make.
The whole idea behind a skinny cocktail is to make a fruity alcoholic beverage and reduce the sugar content and calories. So we can have our fun and still fit into our skinny jeans.
While purchasing Bethenny’s ready-to-go skinny drinks is convenient, the price per bottle climbs right along with its popularity.
This recipe has the benefit of not costing $9 per glass, and it’s filled with fresh ingredients that lend flavor and even a few vitamins. Bottoms up!
- ½ cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 shot (1.5 oz) Grapefruit flavored vodka
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- ½ cup Pellegrino (or sparkling lime water)
- 7 fresh mint leaves
- Lime wedge
- Combine all of the ingredients into a glass and mix. Add ice and garnish with lime.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…