I’m feeling sort-of famous today.
I logged onto Facebook and saw this picture posted by Chino Hill’s fitness and bootcamp queen, Cara Eckerman, of JoAnn doing her shopping at Sprouts with my blog pulled up on her smart phone!
Looks like she was planning to make my Carrot and Apple Paleo Muffins 🙂
It’s so cool to get feedback from my readers about their favorite posts. It’s still a little hard for me to believe that people actually read my ramblings and take my ideas to their kitchens. You are all so awesome!
You may notice that this is the first ever chicken recipe that I’ve posted, and literally one of the first times that I’ve attempted a chicken dish. Most of my adult life I’ve been either vegetarian or I’ve only eaten fish, so I’m still dipping my toes into the world of meat-cooking. Anything that would call for chicken I would use tofu — which if you are vegetarian, tofu would work perfect with this salad.
This salad was inspired by the recent burst of sun we’ve been enjoying — making me long for a tropical get-away with white sand beaches and juicy mangoes. Oh how I love mangoes.
The mango dressing I found turned out to be amazing as both the marinade and the dressing!
- 4 skinless chicken breast, organic and vegetarian fed
- Bolthouse Farms Tropical Mango Olive Oil Vinegrette
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 mango, chopped
- ½ cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- Rinse the chicken breasts and place in a large ziplock bag. Pour in enough of the Mango Vinegrette to fully cover the chicken. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a pan with coconut oil.
- Bake the marinated chicken breasts for 30 minutes until cooked through, then turn on the broiler for 3-5 minutes until deeply golden. Chop and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of the remaining ingredients along with the chopped chicken. Drizzle a little of the mango vinaigrette and mix well.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below..