Fish sticks are a childhood food staple, but who really wants to feed their kids a dinner that’s been battered and fried? This recipe gives you all the crispiness that kids love without the grease. Serve with a side of veggies and some tartar sauce.
- Olive oil
- 18 oz white fish fillet, cut into strips
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- dash of pepper
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup ground walnuts
- 2 organic, free range eggs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by drizzling with olive oil and coating evenly. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the coconut flour, garlic salt and pepper. In another small bowl combine the almond meal and ground walnuts. In a third small bowl whisk the eggs until frothy.
- Take each strip of fish and dredge it in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg, and then coat with the ground nuts. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…