I used to love Harvest Grain ‘n Nut pancakes from IHOP, but since I’ve gone grain-free these have been out of the question. This recipe is my rendition of the breakfast classic topped with grilled bananas, pecans and pure maple syrup. Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee!
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened coconut milk plus more as needed
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Organic banana
- Preheat skillet with medium heat. Grease with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground walnuts, coconut flour, eggs, coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and maple syrup. Add more coconut milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour ⅛ cup of batter at a time on preheated skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, flip then cook for another 2 minutes.
- For grilled banana: Heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Slice the banana in half lengthwise and then into 4 or more segments.
- Place banana pieces on heated skillet until brown and crispy, then flip and cook other side. Remove bananas from skillet, then add pecans. Heat for a few minutes, stirring frequently until lightly toasted.
- Top each pancake with banana, pecans and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
Let me know your thoughts below…