Here is my take on Baba-Ghanoush with an Armenian flair. By the book Anoush means ‘sweet’, but it is also used to mean ‘you’re welcome’. So when your family and friends thank you for making such a delicious and healthy dip just tell them, “Anoush”.
This is my favorite thing to make when I get a single eggplant in my CSA box. Yum!
- 1 eggplant
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (or 2 cubes of Trader Joe’s frozen minced garlic)
- 2 cups raw pecans
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash eggplant and poke all over with a fork. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow eggplant to cool. Remove the stem and peel away the skin. Place the eggplant insides in food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve with sliced veggies, or spread onto a sandwich.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…