I made this yummy smoothie after receiving a huge bowl of fresh, ripe figs from my mother-in-law, my favorite treat. It is packed with potassium and omega 3 fatty acids, two things we could all use more of in our diets. Also this smoothie will NOT skyrocket your blood sugar levels like most do. It’s delicately sweet, creamy and very satisfying.
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup unsweetened, chilled coconut milk
- 4-6 ripe figs, stems removed
- 1 date, pit removed
- 1 Tablespoon chia seed powder
- 1 Tablespoon flax meal
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- Throw everything into your high speed blender and blend until smooth!
- Note: It will thicken after a few minutes due to the chia and flax.
What’s your favorite type of smoothie?