This recipe is proof that dessert can be both wholesome and delicious. Ground walnuts are used instead of flour and raw honey instead of sugar. This is one moist delicacy that you won’t get enough of!
The Ultimate Brownie
- 1¾ cup walnuts, ground in food processor
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (OR for even moister brownies, melt 2 (5.3 oz) bars Baking Chocolate, 72% cocoa content)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground sea salt
- 2 large, omega-3, cage free eggs (at room temp)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (room temp) *Omit if you want fudge-like brownies, then reduce baking time by 10 minutes*
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- Walnuts for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray brownie pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs, then add coconut milk, and honey (and melted chocolate if using). Add coconut oil and mix until well combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Press walnut pieces into the top of batter, if desired.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool well before cutting.
Calories: 140 Fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 8g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 127mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 4g
Did this recipe cure your sweet tooth?