Not many people realize that cauliflower is a great source of vitamin C. And that is just a bonus when it comes to this savory recipe. By decreasing (or eliminating) the amount of grains that you include in your diet, you will quickly start to lose weight and lean out. This recipe is great for those days when you want to eat rice, but still want to stick to your diet. I’m hooked on it!
- 1 red onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon basil, diced
- 1 head of organic cauliflower, stem removed.
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground sea salt
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces with stems removed. Steam it until soft.
- In a large bowl combine onions, garlic, basil, cauliflower, eggs, coconut flour, salt and pepper. Mash it down to the consistency of rice.
- Heat coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower mixture and saute for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
Do you have any grain substitutions you could share?