This is one of those recipes that you simply MUST try if you love chocolate. The frosting is especially amazing — don’t let the simple, wholesome ingredients fool you.
Strawberry Fudge Cake
For the cake:
- 3 cups walnuts
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- dash of sea salt
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
For the frosting:
- ⅓ cup pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 5 mins
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 avocado
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
Make the cake:
- Combine the walnuts, cacao powder and salt in food processor or high speed blender. Add the dates and honey and pulse until fully combined. Shape the dough into two round cakes.
Make the frosting:
- Combine the dates and honey in food processor until smooth. Add the flesh from one avocado and the cacao powder. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Place one of the cakes on cake plate. Frost the top and arrange with sliced strawberries. Place the other cake on top and frost the top and sides. Garnish with strawberry.
Calories: 462 Fat: 28 g Carbohydrates: 60 g Sodium: 38 mg Fiber: 10 g Protein: 10 g
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…