What’s a Saturday morning without waffles? These pumpkin waffles are wonderful.
*Note: When making vegan waffles you’ll need to take extra precautions in order to prevent your waffles from sticking to your waffle iron. The trick is to keep your iron greased keep the heat dialed up pretty high. Your first couple of waffles may fall apart, but you’ll soon make the adjustments to crank out intact waffles!
- 2½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups rice milk
- 1 (15 oz) can pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your waffle iron. Mix the dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl mix the remaining ingredients. Add the wet and dry ingredients together and mix until fully combined.
- Cook according to waffle iron instructions
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…