I’ll use just about any excuse to bake, so when the baking involves veggies I feel fully justified. Everyone loves zucchini bread, so make enough to share. Shhhh, they won’t even realize that this extra healthy recipe doesn’t include dairy or refined sugar!
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 3 Tablespoons flax meal
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 or 3 zucchinis, grated (easiest way is to throw them through the food processor with grater blade)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, prepare your muffin tins by lightly greasing or use liners.
- Mix the milk and flax meal in a small bowl, mix vigorously and then add the vinegar. Set aside for it to curdle.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the milk mixture, oil, coconut palm sugar and vanilla. Mix and then fold in zucchini.
- Fill each muffin tin ⅔ full. Bake for 26 minutes.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from tin.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…