Orange Spiced Rice
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 cups cooked, red quinoa
- 3 green onions
- Wash the cauliflower, discard the leaves, and chop into small pieces. Grate the pieces with a food processor.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium. Add the onion. Sauté for 3 minutes until soft. Mix in the shredded cauliflower, orange zest and juice, wine, coconut aminos and Chinese 5-spice powder until fully combine and continue to sauté for 5 minutes, until tender. Stir in the cooked, red quinoa.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve as you would traditional rice, topped with sliced green onions. Enjoy!
Calories: 274 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 42 Sugar: 15 Sodium: 103 Fiber: 8 Protein: 8