I’ve always wondered what to do with those little decorative pumpkins that fill the market this time of year. Putting a few of the cute pumpkins around the house for decor is nice, but I really wanted to find out if it was possible to turn it into a quick and yummy dessert. Turns out it IS possible…
Here’s the sweet and creamy dessert recipe that I came up with for baking small pumpkins with coconut oil, cinnamon and a touch of coconut sugar.
- 1 mini baking pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Fill a small casserole pan with ¼ inch of water.
- Carefully cut the top off the pumpkin, so that you can set the top back on for baking. Scrape out the seeds and pulp. (Save those pumpkin seeds to roast! Here’s a recipe for Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways: Spicy, Honey Roasted and Cocoa Espresso.)
- Pour the melted coconut oil into the pumpkin. Sprinkle with the coconut sugar, cinnamon and sea salt. Place the top back on the pumpkin and put into the casserole pan of water.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until really tender. Enjoy!