Finally! A recipe for blueberry sauce that’s not loaded with sugar! You’re welcome 🙂
Serve this tasty sauce over pancakes, waffles or ice cream! Yum, yum and yum!
- 3 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia (or 1 Tablespoon honey or pure maple syrup)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot starch
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Place 2 cups of the blueberries, the water, stevia and vanilla extract in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to a gentle boil.
- In a small bowl, use a fork combine the arrowroot starch with 3 Tablespoons of water. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add the arrowroot starch mixture and lemon zest to the skillet and increase the heat to a rolling boil. Reduce to a simmer until the sauce thickens and a desirable consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining fresh blueberries. Enjoy!
Calories: 27 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 7g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 1mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 0g