Warning: Only make this recipe if you want to take your taste buds on a seriously wild ride! The spice and flavors in this Cajun Grilled Shrimp are on full blast!
I highly recommend serving this firecracker shrimp over Lemon Rice as the cooling, calming flavors of the rice create the perfect balance for spicy shrimp.
The shrimp grills very quickly, so be sure to have everything else prepared and ready to be served before you get those shrimps on the barbie… 🙂
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons scallions, white only, minced
- ¼ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl combine the spice blend and mix well. Add the olive oil and shrimp and toss until well coated.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Skewer the shrimp by poking through the thickest part of the shrimp and also through the tail, so that it is secured in two places. Grill for about 7 minutes, turning halfway through, until cooked through.
- In a medium bowl combine the cilantro dressing ingredients. Brush the dressing over the cooked shrimp and serve immediately. Enjoy!