This is my favorite high-protein treat to enjoy as a snack between breakfast and lunch! It’s high in protein and big on flavor, all while being low in simple sugars. Enjoy two as a single serving!
Raspberry Streusel Fitness Muffins
- coconut oil spray
- 2 cups liquid egg whites
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, divided
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-tin muffin pan with coconut oil spray.
- In a blender combine the egg whites, protein powder, ¾ cup oats, ½ cup raspberries, the lemon zest, sea salt, vanilla extract, ginger and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins. Divide the remaining raspberries evenly between the muffins and drop into the batter. Place a sprinkle of the remaining oats on the top of each muffin, along with a sprinkle of lemon zest.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes, or until done. Remove from the oven and cool before removing from the pan. Enjoy for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Remember that two muffins equal one serving! Enjoy!
Calories: 195 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 21g Sugar: 10g Sodium: 355mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 22g