This recipe for Mu Shu Chicken and Veggies is incredibly flavorful! I used to love getting Mu Shu Vegetable Chinese take-out, which is served like burritos, with the tender veggies wrapped in thin, crepe-like tortillas. My version here is served with Coconut Flour Tortillas to recreate the same look and feel. This recipe is so satisfying!
We are making our own Hoisin Sauce, by blending a handful of flavorful ingredient in the blender, in order to avoid the soy and cane sugar found in store bought hoisin – this homemade version is so much better than the pre-made kind!
**Serving Options** While I really enjoyed serving this Mu Shu Chicken and Veggies over homemade Coconut Flour Tortillas, you could opt to serve it over large lettuce leaves. It would also taste fantastic served over Stir Fried Cauliflower Rice.
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1½ teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 1 bag 16 oz package shredded green cabbage coleslaw mix
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into ⅛ inch slices, halved
- 1 bunch fresh scallions
- 1 batch coconut flour tortillas
- In a bowl combine the hoisin sauce, water, sesame oil, coconut flour, coconut aminos and garlic.
- In a slow cooker combine the cabbage, carrot and chicken. Drizzle with ¼ of the hoisin mixture and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours. Stir in the remaining sauce.
- Grill the scallions on a grill pan over medium high heat until tender with char marks.
- Serve the chicken and veggies on coconut flour tortillas with extra hoisin sauce and grilled scallions. Enjoy!