Homemade truffles are just about the most decadent and indulgent dessert ever. Add some maple bacon and creamy peanut butter and we just made the dessert gods cry tears of joy.
This recipe is an indulgence – plain and simple. It’s calorie dense and full of love.
However…I have made this the HEALTHIEST Maple Bacon Peanut Butter Truffle that ever lived. Compared to his refined-sugar-filled comrades, he’s winning. And whoever you choose to gift these babies to is really winning. Especially if they love Bacon and Peanut Butter as much as my sweetheart does!
Keep chilled and enjoy in moderation 🙂
- 4 strips Nitrate free bacons
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, divided
- ½ cup creamy, no-sugar added peanut butter
- ⅔ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cups lily’s chocolate chips (stevia sweetened)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a metal cooling rack on it.
- Brush the bacon strips with 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup and arrange on the wire rack on the prepared pan. Bake for 8-12 minutes, until crispy and caramelized.
- Mince the bacon once it has cooled. Set aside a Tablespoon of the minced bacon to use as garnish.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the peanut butter and coconut palm sugar until light and fluffy. Add the coconut cream and beat until fully combined. Add the coconut flour and salt, mixing on low until combined. Stir in the bacon.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop up 40 small round balls of the dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Place in the freezer as you prepare the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler. Dip the peanut butter balls in the chocolate one by one, removing excess chocolate before setting the truffles back down on the parchment paper. Immediately garnish each truffle with a pinch of minced candied bacon before moving on to dip the next truffle. Once all of the truffles are complete, chill for at least 10 minutes before serving. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for up to a month. Enjoy!