Calling all leftover turkey!
Now here’s a turkey soup that’s worth getting excited about. Not only do we jazz it up with a bunch of spices, the addition of baked sweet potato takes the comfort and heartiness of this soup to a new level. You could also add in any leftover roasted veggies that you have from your holiday meal.
The flavors of this dish are so tasty that it’s worth adding this in to your regular dinner rotation using whatever leftover roasted meat you may have on hand. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chili
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 baked sweet potatoes, roughly chopped (skins on)
- 2-3 cups roasted turkey, roughly chopped (or any roasted meat)
- sea salt and black pepper
- In a large soup pot, place the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, and bell peppers. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes, until tender.
- Add in the cumin, chili powder, paprika and oregano. Cook for 4 minutes. Add in the chicken stock and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the sweet potato and turkey, and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Serve warm. Enjoy!