This savory bacon gravy doesn’t require any roast drippings, so you are able to enjoy this finger-licking-delicious gravy on any day for any occasion.
I recommend doubling this recipe if you are serving more than 6 ppl, just to be on the safe side, as it is extremely tasty and goes quickly! You’ll see that I used coconut flour, rather than traditional flour, to thicken the gravy, which means this gravy is gluten free – yay! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ pound thick-cut bacon, finely chopped
- 1 cup minced shallots
- 1 large sprig fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- black pepper
- sea salt
- In a large skillet, place the olive oil, bacon, shallots, and thyme over medium high heat. Cook until the shallots are browned and bacon is crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the coconut flour and stir until absorbed. Stir in the wine, cook until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in the stock, and paprika, bring to a boil. Simmer, over medium heat, until thickened. Discard thyme. Remove from heat, stir in coconut oil. Season with salt and pepper.