Brussels sprouts are a quintessential holiday side dish, however many traditional recipes are dairy smothered and under-cooked. I prefer sprouts that are crispy on the outside and creamy-tender on the inside, and this technique of roasting them face down at a high oven temp gets the job done beautifully.
Feel free to double or even triple the recipe, depending on the size of your holiday gathering. These sprouts turn out so delicious that even the kids will go back for more. Enjoy!
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- scant ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl combine the halved Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, syrup, sea salt and black pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
- Place the sprouts, cut side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 12-15 minutes, until lightly charred and very tender. Enjoy!